Hello, lovely people!
I’ve been nominated by Izzy from Qthee for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award! Along with this nomination comes a tag, and if you’d like to check Izzy’s out (which you should!) you can click here.
I’ve never done a tag or been nominated for a blogger award before, but the great thing about them is that it’s an award for bloggers nominated by bloggers! It’s perfect for interacting with others in the blogger community, but also allows our readers to learn a little bit more about us! Thanks Izzy for nominating me!
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link them in your post
2. Answer the ten questions you have been sent
3. Come up with 10 questions of your own
4. Spread the love and nominate up to 10 bloggers
These are Izzy’s questions for me:
1. What book would you love to live in?
I’d love to live in the book She May Not Leave by Fay Weldon. It takes place in Europe in the 70s or 80s (it’s never actually specified). It just seems like a time when things were much simpler and living there would be great.
2. What is your favorite Disney movie and why?
I hate having to choose! But, I think my favorite Disney movie would have to be Hercules. The way the story is told is unlike any other Disney movie, involving aspects like the 5 singers that somewhat narrated the story in song, and the way the “heroin” was actually a villain and didn’t want to admit she was in love (unlike every other Disney movie where the princess seems to fall head over heels in a matter or seconds haha). Plus, watching Hercules transform from the scrawny kid to a beautifully muscly man was like a gifts from the gods! (Does that remind anyone else of Captain America??)
3. What’s the nicest compliment you’ve ever received?
The nicest compliment I ever received was probably when one of my best friends said that she missed me (because I had moved away a couple yeas ago). It’s just odd for me to hear that someone could actually miss me being around them haha. I don’t know, it was just really sweet.
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
If I could travel anywhere, I’d love to go to Australia and experience what life is like in the Southern Hemisphere of the world. Australia, in my eyes, seems like the country that has all their shit together. There’s never any bad news coming from Australia, and it looks like it’s full of happy people on surfboards, trying to avoid giant spiders haha.
5. Shark diving, bungee jumping, or sky diving?
Sky diving, for sure! I’ve always wanted to go because I love the idea of feeling the rush from hurtling towards Earth from an airplane but knowing that you’re completely safe! I know, I’m a typical adrenaline junky.
6. What makes you smile?
Walking in the sunshine makes me smile without fail. I don’t like when it’s uncomfortably hot outside, but when there’s a slight cool breeze and I’m outside with the sun beating down on me, there’s nothing better.
7. If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, which song would it be?
If I could listen to one song for the rest of my life, it’d be “Toes” by Zac Brown Band. It always makes me smile, and I just love listening to it all the time.
8. What skill would you love to learn?
I’d love to be able to make immediate connections with strangers. Not everyone I ever walk by of course, but being able to strike up an interesting conversation with someone I know nothing about and possibly have it lead to friendship would be great. It probably sounds weird when it’s explained like that, but I think it’d be so nice to be able to connect with people like that.
9. If a prince asked for your hand, would you marry him and become a princess? (Let’s pretend you’re all single haha. I know that some of you aren’t).
I think it depends on the circumstances. If I was asked right now and I didn’t have to worry about school or any sorts of responsibility, I’d totally say yes. But if I’d have to drop everything I worked for just to sit in a palace for the rest of my life and do nothing, I’d say no.
10. If you could trade lives with one person for an entire day who would it be and why?
I don’t know if I’m breaking the rules of the question, but I’d trade lives with Jackie Kennedy. I’m absolutely in love with John Kennedy and to be his wife for one day would make me the happiest person alive.
Now, it’s your turn! My nominees are:
Jasmine from Oh Hey There Hair
Alice from Beauty by Alice
Jenny from Jenny from Neverland
Samantha from My Beauty Cloud
Jade from Jade Amber’s Blog
Here are my 10 questions for my nominees:
1. If you could have lunch with any person, dead or alive, who’d it be and why?
2. What’s your least favorite physical activity?
3. If you weren’t a blogger, what would you spend your time doing?
4. What’s one word you’d use to describe yourself and why?
5. If you were on death row, what would you want your last meal to be?
6. Motorcycle or pick-up truck?
7. If you could create any holiday, what would it be and when?
8. What’s your biggest accomplishment?
9. Texting or talking on the phone?
10. What’s one thing that ‘isn’t what it used to be’, but you wish it were?
Thanks again to Izzy for nominating me and, to the people I nominated, make sure you tweet me when you post your answers so I can read it!